The Palau International Coral Reef Center held its 19th Anniversary Fundraising Dinner Gala on Jan. 16. During the event, over 250 guests came together and raised over $250,000 to support the Center’s research, outreach and education efforts.
President Tommy E. Remengesau, together with his Ministers and their partners, donated a total of $130,000.
Corporate donors included:
- IP&E, Palau Inc.
- Surangel & Son’s Company
- Blue Bay Petroleum Inc.
- Palau Pacific Resort
- Shimbros International, Inc.
- Bank of Guam
- Palau National Communication Corporation
- Topside Service Station- IR Enterprise
- Asia Pacific Group of Raymond James
- Matson Navigation Company Inc.
- Western Carolines Trading Company
- Palau Sunrise Sea View Landison Retreat
- Best Coffee & Donut House
- Palau Shipping Company
- Coralz c/o Mr. Antonio Inoki
- Ken Okaji/ Coral Quest, Inc.
- Globus Trading Company
- The Penthouse Hotel
- Palasia Hotel Palau
- Palau Resource Institute
- Palau Royal Resort
- Yokohama Restaurant
- Sam’s Tour Palau
- Tiuladokow Artwork
On Jan. 9, Guam Sports Events, Inc., organizers of the United Airlines Guam Marathon, presented the event’s beneficiaries, the Guam Police Department and the Guam Fire Department, a donation of lifesaving equipment and supplies for their continuous support of the event.
Family of the late Margaret A. Jones, founder of Triple J Enterprises, Inc., presented a $31,500 check to the Guam Memorial Hospital Volunteers Association on Jan. 21.
Members of the association, also known as the Pink Ladies, were also in attendance. The donation was meant to honor Jones and what she was most passionate about, as well as support the mission of GMHVA. mbj